Walcot Liberal Democrats
Working For You - All Year Round
Representing our residents in Walcot and Snow Hill
by Ben Stevens
Paul Fox was elected to represent Walcot in 2011
Paul Fox lives in Henrietta Street with his wife who is a Bathonian. He was born and brought up over the border in Gloucestershire, and has a degree from Oxford University.
Paul works for the Natural Environment Research Council, where he is Director of Finance & Operations. He has held senior management roles in a range of public sector organisations, including Bath & NE Somerset Council. Paul originated much of the Council's financial strategy. This has helped to ensure that our local Council is better placed than many in mitigating the impact of the current reductions in public spending.
Paul was a member of Islington Council when he lived in north London. Paul was part of the successful Liberal Democrat team which turned around what was previously a failing inner city Council, reducing one of the highest council taxes in the country, while at the same time investing in and improving priority frontline services.
Paul's priorities for Walcot Ward are:
- Banning HGVs from Cleveland Bridge
- Regenerating the London Road area
- Improving public transport inparticular the 6/7 Bus route
- Supporting community initiatives including Kensington Gardens, Kensington Meadows and Cleveland Pools.
- Taking advantage of the government's "Green Deal" to support energy efficiency and a reduction in carbon emissions
- Ensuring the Council responds to residents rather than "the system"
Contact Lisa and Paul
Cllr Lisa Brett
Cllr Paul Fox